Are you a relationship-focused Account Manager with enthusiasm for helping small businesses succeed? Can you manage strategy and make upsells?
Watch this short video to see if our Account Manager position might be the right fit for you!
Advance Your Career, Grow Your Skills, and Increase Your Income with Ramblin Jackson’s High Performing Team
Ramblin Jackson is a 100% virtual digital agency focused on serving the snow and landscape industry (think landscape designers, snow removal companies, commercial landscapers, lawn care, tree service, and garden centers) through sales and process strategy, web design, local SEO, paid advertising and marketing. Following our Proven Process, we have over 100 clients throughout the United States, over 14 years of proven track record (Google us and read our reviews), and are on track to become a $10,000,000 organization as part of our 10-Year Vision.
As an Account Manager at Ramblin Jackson, you’ll be responsible for continuing to build the client relationship for the long term after they complete their first project with us. You will serve as the guide, proactively steering them through the marketing opportunities and solutions that Ramblin Jackson offers to address their lead generation and sales process challenges. As an Account Manager you’ll be the final quality check on all deliverables for the client including monthly web content, reports, and more. Your meticulous attention to detail and adept client management skills will define your contribution to Ramblin Jackson through our commitment to our clients and to Profit & Results With Integrity.
You may be a good fit for this position if you enjoy:
- Talking with clients and building long-term relationships
- Are energized by a steady book of business
- Are genuinenly curious about people and business
- Getting into the weeds of SEO reporting, marketing campaigns and paid advertising
- Processes, consistency and quality control
- Helping businesses grow, so they can positively impact their families, employees and their communities
- The challenge and reward of renewing an existing client
- Working with a team of experts who collaborate and support each other
- Love figuring out new things
Take The Next Steps In The Hiring Process:
- Apply Online in the Form at the bottom of the page
- 1 hour or less Skills Assessment
- 20-Minute Interview with Recruiting Manager
- Personality Assessment
- Final Interview with CEO
- Background Check + Employment Agreement
The Top 3 Reasons To Be A Rambler:
Grow Your Craft: With a strong focus of personal and professional development through ongoing coaching and mentorship, the Annual Ramblin Retreat in Colorado, the Book Club, and more, we live our Core Value of Craftsmanship in Life and Work, Especially on Fridays. By growing your personal and professional skillsets, you’ll gain more responsibility and grow your income.
Work-Life Balance: Keep your work … at work! Rest well at night with full benefits, job stability, and an accommodating family-friendly schedule. Our 100% virtual/remote empowers our team to do highly focused work from their home office. Note: we do work normal business hours. We close the office from Christmas Eve thru New Years Day each year, and have an accommodating holiday/vacation policy for our team.
Small Business, Big Results: Help Snow & Landscape Businesses Ring The Bell when you exercise creative freedom as an individual and as part of a team to implement the best digital marketing solutions for small businesses.
Advance Your Career with Ramblin Jackson: Culture, Leadership, Collaboration, & Advancement
You won’t be anonymous at Ramblin Jackson. You’ll get to do great work, collaborate with other top performers, and make a real difference in small businesses across the US.
This is a full-time employee position with an expected first year total compensation of $65,000 to $78,000 with a base salary of $60,000 to $68,000 (negotiable based on experience) + commission and bonuses for renewals, upsells and meeting the Gold Standard. Target Year 2 total compensation is $70,000 to $80,000+ when renewals, upsells, bonuses, and Entrepreneurial Pay Plan eligibility after 1 year work anniversary.
Career Advancement Opportunity
You’ll also have the opportunity for advancement, to develop into a Senior Account Manager, Account Director, and other positions in the organization. We are growing and need great people on our team!
Below is a general representation of our commission structure. Specifics and additional information are available during the interview and included in the Employee Handbook.
|Renewal Sales Commission||2.5% of the total Annual Plan|
(Typically between $20k - $35K)
|Paid monthly as the client pays|
|Upsell Commission||5%||Paid monthly as the client pays|
|Gold Standard Bonus||$500 - $1000 flat rate||Quarterly based on meeting the Gold Standard|
Below is an example of a typical client load for an Account Manager who is at 80% capacity. Tier is based on our Growth Plan level, with Wild being the highest touch. Average time per month is the typical time spent per client at that tier level.
|Tier||# of Accounts||Avg. Time Per Month|
|Wild Frontier||12||4.3 hours per client|
|Gold Nugget||10||2.5 hours per client|
|Silver Spur||8||1 hour per client|
The Account Manager is Responsible For The Following Key Accountabilities
The Account Manager will work with the digital marketing team in the following areas:
Retention: Foster long-term client relationships for high retention. Measured by 90% client retention (2023 average is currently 98%)
Annual Plan Renewals: Recognize and present sales opportunities to existing clients to renew their Annual Marketing Plans. Other Ramblin Jackson team members may assist you in these renewal conversations and plans.
Strategy: Be the client advocate in their digital marketing strategy. Leading, preparing, and presenting regular business strategy calls and Annual Strategy Meetings with Clients.
Account Quality: Measured with Ramblin Jackson’s Gold Standard for Growth Plans: On-Time, In-Budget, and Happy Clients (Measured with NPS) with a goal of 85%.
This position is much more of a "farmer" role with some renewal selling to your existing clients, vs. a "hunter" position which is more of opening a new book of business, position.
Account Managers are responsible for the on-going relationships with our Clients. This includes regular business strategy meetings, Annual Plan Renewals, quality control of deliverables and relationship building.
- Analyze and understand SEO, Google Analytics, and Google Ads reporting to review and help strategize with the Client
- Proactively look for opportunities to help solve Client issues regarding marketing through strategy, upsells and Annual Plan renewals
- Meticulous note taking so meeting notes make it into Asana and HubSpot for the rest of the team
- Submitting and following up on website edit and SEO research requests from the Client
- Work with the team to complete and deliver web content, reporting, and other deliverables on-time and at a high-quality
- Work with the Project Manager to help facilitate a successful transition from projects to Accounts
- Manages the client and team through the Annual Renewal process including:
- Annual Marketing Audit
- Annual Strategy Meeting and follow up
- Plan creation and presentation
- Maintain a clear focus on account milestones and hold your team members accountable
- Troubleshoot website development and/or local SEO issues with the team
- Report directly to the Executive Team
Required Technical Skills
- Client management skills
- Team collaboration
- Strong phone and video conference presence, and writing skills
- Continual self-education
- Enthusiasm for helping small businesses in the US
- Minimum three years WordPress and SEO experience
- Minimum two years Google Ads, paid ads experience
Other Required Skills
- **Previous experience in a marketing agency
- Strong communication + reasoning skills
- Experience with Asana, Toggl, and Google Workspace products
- Team collaboration skills + able to give and receive constructive criticism
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills + the ability to meet deadlines while working remotely
- Ability to multitask + prioritize work schedules
Grow your skills, career, and income when you join our high-performing team.
Ramblin Perks + Benefits
- 4-Day Summer Workweeks - 12 paid Mondays off in June, July, and August.
- Cash Money - Employee Profit sharing after 1st year. Some positions have additional regular bonus opportunities.
- Paid Winter Break - Our office is closed from approximately the day before Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, depending on the calendar.
- 5 Paid Holidays - Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving.
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks)
- Paid Sick Days (3 days)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Insure yourself with options to insure your spouse and your children with our 50% employee + dependent health benefit match with dental and vision options. We offer different options for quality insurance including HSAs, PPOs, FSA, and HMO options.
- Paid Parental Leave - See Employee Handbook for details.
- Paid Volunteer Days - 4 Days per year to give your time and talents to a non-profit of your choice!
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance - Options for Parental Leave add-on. See Employee Handbook for details.
- 100% Virtual! - Work from home.
- Normal Business Hours - We work normal business hours -- 8am to 5pm MDT with a one hour lunch break. Flexibility for Ramblers in other time zones. The main point: we don’t expect you to work more than 40 hours a week.
- Ramblin Jackson University - Learn new skills and onboard quickly with Ramblin Jackson’s online training program.
- Beef Jerky Club - Each week, Ramblers nominate and praise team members who are living the Core Values. Get nominated the most in a month and win a $200 prize. Get the most nominations in a quarter and you get to keep Barry the Bull trophy for the following quarter.
- Book Club - Learn new business skills as you read a premium business book that the team reads together.
- Ongoing Professional Development - Weekly/bi-weekly coaching meetings including employee work/life balance coaching
- Hardware - We’ll provide a current, up-to-date computer, if needed. Most of us use Macs, but some of our team prefers PCs.
- Sweet Software - Get your job down with ease using great software! Whoaaa nelly!
Because this is a virtual position, having a strong on-camera video presence is essential to establish trust and credibility. While this is a work-from-home position, we expect you will dress (for video meetings) as if you were meeting a high-end client in person.
- A Meeting Room - Must have a presentable home office that looks Professional in Video Conferences. A Meeting Room should be a neatly organized room without a lot of backlight, clutter, or things that would distract from the sale. Ramblin Jackson will provide a webcam, lighting, backdrops, and other audio/video equipment as needed.
- Professional Wardrobe and Appearance - The Account Manager must present him/herself accordingly with business casual attire while attending video conferences, in-person meetings, or events with clients.