Are you a relationship-focused Account Manager with enthusiasm for helping small businesses succeed? Can you manage strategy and make upsells?
Watch this short video to see if our Account Manager position might be the right fit for you!
Take The Next Steps In The Hiring Process:
- Apply Online in the Form at the bottom of the page
- Skills Assessment
- 20-Minute Interview with Recruiting Manager
- Personality Assessment
- Final Interview with CEO
- Background Check + Employment Agreement
The Top 3 Reasons To Be A Rambler:
Grow Your Craft: With a strong focus of personal and professional development through ongoing coaching and mentorship, the Annual Ramblin Retreat in Colorado, the Book Club, and more, we live our Core Value of Craftsmanship in Life and Work, Especially on Fridays. By growing your personal and professional skillsets, you’ll gain more responsibility and grow your income.
Work-Life Balance: Keep your work … at work! Rest well at night with full benefits, job stability, and an accommodating family-friendly schedule. Our 100% virtual/remote empowers our team to do highly focused work from their home office. Note: we do work normal business hours. We close the office from Christmas Eve thru New Years Day each year, and have an accommodating holiday/vacation policy for our team.
Small Business, Big Results: Help Small Businesses Ring The Bell when you exercise creative freedom as an individual and as part of a team to implement the best digital marketing solutions for small businesses.
Do you share our Core Values?
You won’t be anonymous at Ramblin Jackson. You’ll get to do great work, collaborate with other top performers, and make a real difference in small businesses across the US.
This is a full-time employee position that pays a base salary + commission and regular bonus opportunities and renewal incentives.
Expected first year total compensation of $60,000 to $75,000, more for extremely effective, driven Account Managers.
Career Advancement Opportunity
You’ll also have the opportunity for advancement, to develop into a Senior Account Manager, Account Director, and other positions in the organization. We are growing and need great people on our team!
The Account Manager is Responsible For The Following Key Accountabilities
The Account Manager will work with the digital marketing team in the following areas:
- Foster long-term client relationships for high retention
- Be the client advocate in their digital marketing strategy
- Recognize and present sales opportunities to existing clients including renewing their Annual Marketing Plans, attending Exclusive Mastermind events, and small addtional service upsells
This position is much more of a "farmer" role with some renewal selling to your existing clients, vs. a "hunter" position which is more of opening new book of business position.
Required Technical Skills
- Client management skills
- Team collaboration
- Strong phone presence and writing skills
- Enthusiasm for helping small businesses in the US
Other Required Skills
- **Previous experience in a marketing agency
- Strong communication + reasoning skills
- Experience with Asana, Toggl, and G Suite products
- Team collaboration skills + able to give and receive constructive criticism
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills + the ability to meet deadlines while working remotely
- Ability to multitask + prioritize work schedules
- Enthusiasm for helping local small businesses in the US
Grow your skills, career, and income when you join our high-performing team.
We wrote the book on digital marketing for local business -- literally. And it was a bestseller!
Ramblin Perks + Benefits
- 4-Day Summer Workweeks 12 paid Mondays off in June, July, and August.
- Cash Money Employee Profit sharing after 1st year. Some positions have additional regular bonus opportunities.
- Paid Winter Break Our office is closed from approximately the day before Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, depending on the calendar.
- 5 Paid Holidays Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving.
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks)
- Paid Sick Days (3 days)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Insure yourself with options to insure your spouse and your children with our 50% employee + dependent health benefit match with dental and vision options. We offer three different options for quality insurance including HSAs, PPOs, FSA, and HMO options.
- Paid Parental Leave See Employee Handbook for details.
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance Options for Parental Leave add-on. See Employee Handbook for details.
- 100% Virtual! Work from home.
- Normal Business Hours. We work normal business hours -- 8am to 5pm MDT with a one hour lunch break. Flexibility for Ramblers in other time zones. The main point: we don’t expect you to work more than 40 hours a week.
- Ramblin Jackson University - Learn new skills and onboard quickly with Ramblin Jackson’s online training program.
- Beef Jerky Club Each week, Ramblers nominate and praise team members who are living the Core Values. Get nominated the most in a quarter and win a $200 prize AND keep Barry the Bull trophy for the following quarter.
- Book Club Learn new business skills as you read a premium business book that the team reads together.
- Ongoing Professional Development with weekly/bi-weekly coaching meetings including employee work/life balance coaching
- Hardware We’ll provide a current, up-to-date computer. Most of us use Macs, but some of our team prefers PCs.
- Sweet Software Get your job down with ease using great software! Whoaaa nelly!
Because this is a virtual position, having strong on-camera video presentation is essential to establish trust and credibility. While this is a work-from-home position, we expect you will dress (for video meetings) as if you were meeting a high-end client in person.
- A Meeting Room - Must have a presentable home office so that they look Professional in Video Conferences. A Meeting Room should be a neatly organized room without a lot of backlight, clutter, or things that would distract from the sale. Ramblin Jackson will provide a webcam, lighting, curtains, and other audio/video equipment as needed.
- Professional Wardrobe and Appearance - The Account Manager must present him or herself accordingly with business casual attire while attending video conferences, in-person meetings, or events with clients.