Do you love having sales conversations with highly qualified leads already warmed up by a robust marketing campaign? Learn proven digital marketing strategies and earn $68K-$78K first year total compensation + benefits -- with opportunity to grow -- in this full-time top-of-funnel sales position at a 5-Star-Rated Digital Marketing Agency
Watch this short video to learn more about the position!
As a Landscape Marketing Assistant at Ramblin Jackson, the Snow and Landscape Marketing Agency, you’ll help us wrangle up some new contacts and leads and help them learn about how Ramblin Jackson helps Landscapers Ring the Bell! Yeehaw! Using personalized videos on loom, email, LinkedIn/Instagram messages, and phone calls to warm leads already in our database and work towards having a 15-Minute Marketing Brainstorm Conversation that results in scheduling a longer, 45-Minute Marketing Strategy Call with the Senior Landscape Marketing Strategist (closer).
This is a “Top of Funnel” aka “Appointment Setter” or “Sales Development / SDR” position that has a first year target compensation of $68,000 - $78,650 + benefits. With a base salary of between $40,000 and $50,000 based on experience. There is opportunity to continue to thrive in this role long-term and increase your commissions and bonuses, and also to grow into a Strategist (closer) making $80,000 to $150,000.
We’ll provide you with email templates, well-organized lists of leads who have opted-in to our print newsletter and email lists, training, coaching, scripts, and many other tools to help you be successful.
You could be a good fit for this position if you:
- Thrive on consistent rewarding work with a clear outcome
- Value having a well defined process to follow
- Enjoy note-taking and maintaining prospect details
- Are curious about sales and marketing and enjoy the sales process
- Are motivated by seeing tangible results of your effort
- Enjoy talking on the phone and having focused conversations
- Have that ‘figure it out’ factor and nerd out over metrics
Take The Next Steps In The Hiring Process:
- Apply Online! Fill out our application online which includes a Loom introduction.
- Find Jack Jostes! Find our CEO on social media… start a conversation with him… try to call him and leave a quality voicemail persuading him to interview you.
- Job Match Assessment A short, online survey that will help determine if you’d be motivated by this particular role.
- 45-Minute Final Interview Final interview with the executive team.
Why Work In Sales At Ramblin Jackson?
Sell An Ethical Product That Actually Helps People
If you check out our reviews on Google or ramblinjackson.com/reviews -- it’s clear to see that our product truly helps our clients reach our mission of Helping Small Business Ring The Bell. Go to sleep at night knowing you’re really helping people and feel good selling a proven product.
Reach Your Sales Goals With Marketing-Qualified Leads WITHOUT Cold Calling Strangers
Ever have a sales job where you’re left entirely on your own with no marketing support? That won’t happen here! You’ll be part of the sales AND marketing team - working directly with our CEO and Sales & Marketing Manager to help you generate and qualify leads. Leverage our two best-selling books, 115+ Google Reviews, weekly podcast, monthly events, direct mail, postcards and newsletters, and extensive social media and video presence to reach highly qualified leads.
Learn New Skills, Earn Great Money, AND Have Schedule Flexibility
If you want to learn about business, sales, and marketing --- earn GREAT money -- and have a high level of schedule flexibility, this may be the job you’re searching for.
Do you share our Core Values?
You won’t be anonymous at Ramblin Jackson. You’ll get to do great work, collaborate with other top performers, and make a real difference in small businesses across the US.
Grow your skills, career, and income when you join our high-performing team
We wrote the book on digital marketing for local business -- literally. And it was a bestseller! Are you an outgoing individual excited about connecting with small business owners across the United States? Our Landscape Marketing Assistant position may be a fit for you!
This role starts with a base salary of $40,000 - $50,000 per year.
|Item||Commission Per Item||Annual Commission Total (over 12-month period)|
|15-Minute Marketing Brainstorm Completed
Target: 12/month = 144 per year
|$50/ea. For the first 10 in a month|
$75/ea. For 10+ in a month
|Marketing Strategy Meeting Scheduled + Attended|
Minimum Requirement: 80/year
|Closed Audit Bonus |
Closed by Landscape Marketing Strategist
|Closed Project Bonus - Gold Nugget
Closed by Landscape Marketing Strategist
|Closed Project Bonus - Wild Frontier |
Closed by Landscape Marketing Strategist
|TOTAL FIRST YEAR COMMISSION POTENTIAL:||$28,650|
|TOTAL FIRST YEAR EARNING POTENTIAL:||$68,000 - $78,650|
To Be Eligible for Commissions:
- The lead is Qualified (meets Revenue and Services requirements)
- Each meeting needs to be recorded (except in states where not allowed)
- Effective notes entered into a CRM
The Landscape Marketing Assistant is Responsible For The Following Key Accountabilities
Warm Leads Nurturing
- Engaging in conversations with new connections and sending relevant contact podcast episodes, event invitations, and Landscape Marketing Toolboxes based on the client's interests and business challenges
- Handwritten greeting cards, leaving quality voicemails, and having initial light conversations on the phone and via email
- Sending 1:1 emails and messages with a note that simply says: "If you find value in that and want another one, just reply and I'll select one just for you.” - like a content concierge with helpful resources
- Encouraging landscapers who could use our help to schedule a 15-Minute Marketing Brainstorm with our Landscape Marketing Strategist.
Leading 15-Minute Marketing Brainstorm Meetings With Potential Clients
- Followup with warm leads in the database through website review videos, emails, and phone calls and work towards having a 15-Minute Marketing Brainstorm
- The 15-Minute Marketing Brainstorm helps clarify the Hell Yes Customer of the potential client, their services, their marketing goals and challenges, and if they are a Qualified fit for Ramblin Jackson -- results in scheduling the Marketing Strategy Meeting for your teammate, the Senior Landscape Marketing Strategist (Closer)
Scheduling Marketing Strategy Meetings for the Landscape Marketing Strategist
- All of the first two Accountabilities lead up to the main goal of scheduling Marketing Strategy Meetings for the Landscape Marketing Strategist
- The Landscape Marketing Strategist then sells the Landscaper’s Marketing Audit and presents an Annual Plan to the client
- When Clients purchase an Audit, and when they close to become a full Project client, the Landscape Marketing Assistant receives additional compensation
Ideal Landscape Marketing Assistant attributes:
Phone Skills: While this isn’t a pure outbound call position, the Landscape Marketing Assistant will need to make followup calls to invite people to events and more.
Video Presence: Warmth and comfort on 1 to 1 Loom videos and Zoom AND willingness to do them regularly.
Empathy: Assistant must be able to identify and empathize with challenges from initial contacts to send them relevant stories, podcast episodes, etc.
Outgoing: Assistant must be willing to initiate conversations with new people online, as well as on the phone.
Receptive, Strong Listener
Organized: Assistant must be detailed, thorough, and methodical in their communication so that the relationship details are transferred. Must be able to organize a high volume of contact information in HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, and Google Drive
Strong writing skills: Assistant must be able to utilize existing email templates, and also write their own messages including responses to conversations with prospects
Proficient in LinkedIn & Instagram: Assistant has experience using LinkedIn and Instagram, making connections, and navigating the platform.
Other Required Skills
- Warm, friendly phone presence
- Social selling experience, Social Media Direct Messaging skills
- Conversational email skills
- Strong communication + reasoning skills
- Experience with HubSpot and Google Workspace products
- Translating conversations and building contact profiles
- Team collaboration skills + able to give and receive constructive criticism
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills + the ability to meet deadlines while working remotely
- Ability to multitask + prioritize work schedules
- Enthusiasm for helping small businesses in the snow and landscaping industry in the US
Whose LinkedIn Profile & Instagram will we use?
- The Landscape Marketing Assistant will use Jack Jostes’ LinkedIn Profile and Instagram profile for some of the Social Selling conversations.
Is this an “outbound sales position”?
- The primary focus of this position is calling warm leads already in the database, so we do not consider it an outbound sales position. With that said, you’ll need to proactively mine the database and be resourceful in contacting warm leads using website and email analytics and more, and ultimately -- Pick Up The Damn Phone and call them.
What marketing is in place to support me?
- We have significant marketing resources including a full-time Sales & Marketing Manager, a weekly Podcast (which includes a weekly email + social media), paid Facebook/Instagram Ads, live and virtual events each month, tradeshows, association memberships, a print direct mail newsletter, thousands of videos, and more.
- We are currently generating over one new lead per day from our paid and organic marketing efforts. The key thing we need is an organized, personable human - you - to followup with those leads persistently over time, to work towards having a phone conversation that results in scheduling a call for the Strategist.
This is NOT A Fit if
- You don’t like using the telephone as a telephone
- WHY: Our Core Value “Be Human And Pick Up The Phone” is deeply meaningful. While our social media, email, podcast, etc. warm people up to a certain point -- we need an intelligent, empathetic human to call them to discuss their marketing with them in a way that they understand without being threatened.
- You don’t like taking notes in a CRM or have a hard time keeping track of details after a conversation with a person
- WHY: Set up the rest of the team for establishing and continuing a relationship. From Landscape Marketing Assistant to Strategist to Project Manager to Account Manager -- the communication and personal notes are extremely important.
- You would not enjoy making 10 to 15 personal website review videos (on Loom) per week
- It’s hard for you to follow a process repeatedly
- Having “big brands” on your resume is more important to you than serving small businesses
- You don’t like working on Fridays. Craftsmanship in Life and Work, Especially on Fridays is one of our Core Values, because it works. Our clients work full Fridays and Friday is one of the most productive days for sales.
Ramblin Perks + Benefits
- 4-Day Summer Workweeks - 12 paid Mondays off in June, July, and August.
- Cash Money - Employee Profit sharing after 1st year. Some positions have additional regular bonus opportunities.
- Paid Winter Break - Our office is closed from approximately the day before Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, depending on the calendar.
- 5 Paid Holidays - Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving.
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks)
- Paid Sick Days (3 days)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Insure yourself with options to insure your spouse and your children with our 50% employee + dependent health benefit match with dental and vision options. We offer different options for quality insurance including HSAs, PPOs, FSA, and HMO options.
- Paid Parental Leave - See Employee Handbook for details.
- Paid Volunteer Days - 4 Days per year to give your time and talents to a non-profit of your choice!
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance - Options for Parental Leave add-on. See Employee Handbook for details.
- 100% Virtual! - Work from home.
- Normal Business Hours - We work normal business hours -- 8am to 5pm MDT with a one hour lunch break. Flexibility for Ramblers in other time zones. The main point: we don’t expect you to work more than 40 hours a week.
- Ramblin Jackson University - Learn new skills and onboard quickly with Ramblin Jackson’s online training program.
- Beef Jerky Club - Each week, Ramblers nominate and praise team members who are living the Core Values. Get nominated the most in a month and win a $200 prize. Get the most nominations in a quarter and you get to keep Barry the Bull trophy for the following quarter.
- Book Club - Learn new business skills as you read a premium business book that the team reads together.
- Ongoing Professional Development - Weekly/bi-weekly coaching meetings including employee work/life balance coaching
- Hardware - We’ll provide a current, up-to-date computer, if needed. Most of us use Macs, but some of our team prefers PCs.
- Sweet Software - Get your job down with ease using great software! Whoaaa nelly!
Because this is a virtual position, having a strong on-camera video presence is essential to establish trust and credibility. While this is a work-from-home position, we expect you will dress (for video meetings) as if you were meeting a high-end client in person.
- A Meeting Room - Must have a presentable home office that looks Professional in Video Conferences. A Meeting Room should be a neatly organized room without a lot of backlight, clutter, or things that would distract from the sale. Ramblin Jackson will provide a webcam, lighting, backdrops, and other audio/video equipment as needed.
- Professional Wardrobe and Appearance - Ramblers must present him/herself accordingly with business casual attire while attending video conferences, in-person meetings, or events with clients.