Client Story: Employee Recruiting
Summit Lawn & Landscape
Employee Recruiting Client Story
Kansas City, MO
How Terry Shaffer Increased Employee Hiring Rates from 10% to 40% with Ramblin Jackson's Ultimate Recruiting Package
Terry Shaffer with Summit Lawn and Landscape, shares their success in working with Ramblin Jackson to streamline & improve their hiring process. We addressed their recruitment challenges, optimized their job listings, and enhanced the overall applicant experience with the goal of saving time, but also to significantly improve the quality of candidates that were applying.
With our help and the incorporation of Team Engine, Summit Lawn and Landscape now has a clear and engaging applicant management system, which contributes to their success in hiring and retaining top-tier talent.
The Problem They Were Having:
Terry and his team at Summit Lawn & Landscape had a disorganized hiring process, and they wanted a way to effectively pre-qualify candidates who entered their hiring funnel. They were wasting time during peak work seasons and needed to streamline their recruiting process to fill the demands and fulfillment of client projects.
Prior to working with Ramblin Jackson, Terry and his staff were spending many hours reviewing and interviewing candidates who were not a fit for their company. By attracting serious contenders through updated recruiting strategies, they significantly reduced the number of unqualified applicants, saving valuable time during peak hiring seasons.
How We Helped:
- Employer Branding and Strategy: Defined their "Hell Yes Employee”, crafting compelling copywriting, and establishing a recruiting process with milestones to enhance their branding and hiring strategy.
- Enhanced Applicant Experience: Improved the overall applicant experience by refining their website, and providing detailed job descriptions, resulting in a more organized and efficient process.
- Pre-Qualification Strategy: Introduced and emphasized the concept of pre-qualifying employees, reducing the number of unqualified applicants and saving time during peak hiring seasons.
- Team Engine Implementation: Ramblin Jackson’s partnership with Team Engine changed the game for Summit Lawn and Landscape. This platform facilitates direct contact with prospective employees, automates follow-up messages, and keeps engagement high throughout the hiring process.
The Results We Got For Them:
- Improved Candidate Quality: The streamlined process resulted in a higher number of better-qualified candidates, while decreasing the number of unqualified candidates, saving them time & resources.
- Enhanced Retention Rates: By working with Ramblin Jackon on their hiring process, Summit Lawn and Landscape experienced improved retention rates for employees after 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Efficient Applicant Management with Team Engine: Implementation of Team Engine facilitated direct contact with prospective employees, automated follow-up messages, and maintained engagement throughout the onboarding process which contributed to a smoother and more organized workflow for new hires
- Clarity on Branded Company Recruitment Messaging: Collaborative efforts in defining their “Hell Yes Employee”, crafting compelling copywriting, and establishing recruiting milestones positively impacted Summit Lawn and Landscape's employer branding and attracted better-suited candidates.
“I really liked how you guys helped us streamline the entire hiring process - from getting the website in order to writing better job applications. It helps us qualify our candidates even more so our time isn’t wasted.”
- Terry Shaffer, Kansas City, MO